Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 6 - 252

It's been almost a week Kimmer's experiment. Actually, I did Kimkins for the last two days, but I'm finding it too much work figuring carbs and staying under the limit, so I think I'm going back on KE today.

So far I'm down a total of 8 pounds. That's pretty good. I was kind of hoping for ten by tomorrow, but eight is good. I'm definitely in ketosis, and making progress. I've had a little more hunger the last couple of days, but not at all bad...the main problem is remembering to eat, and not being too lazy to cook and eat when I first get hungry. You never want to let yourself get TOO hungry with any diet.

My calorie intake has ranged from 750 to 1200. It's mostly around 1180. It's on the high end when I do KE, and on the lower end when I've had a busy day or I'm on Kimkins. On KE my carbs are around 8 per day (full carb count, no net carbs) and right about the limit of 20 on Kimkins days. Without the net carbs, you realize even lettuce and broccoli add quite a bit of carbs...no wonder the original Atkins diet limited your salads and veggies so much on induction.

Today I'm having a REALLY bad day with the kids. For a little while I was really tempted to just eat. Not overwhelmingly, but I was tempted. Normally a day like this would kill any diet, because I just wouldn't care anymore. Sadly, food calms me down. You can't cry and eat ice cream at the same time! Well, you could, but that would get messy and it would be a waste of ice cream, lol. So I'm here blogging instead, then I'm taking a nap while the kids nap.

I had a lot of energy at first, even though I wasn't getting enough sleep. Yesterday and today though, I am tired. I haven't been taking vitamins, which is important, so that might be why. I'm going to buy new vitamins today. I ordered the old Atkins book and I'm hoping it comes in the mail today so I can get more info on the diet. Kimmer's info is very basic, and I think reading the Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution (a.k.a. DADR) will help.

One thing I'm loving to eat is egg drop soup. I make it with an organic free range chicken broth, made with no sugars. You just boil a cup, then drizzle a well-beaten egg into it slowly, then eat. The egg cooks instantly. I do add a few spices--organic stuff tends to be blander than I like it. It's really good, easy, and comforting. Plus drinking warm liquids makes you feel fuller.

The diet is really working for me so far, and since I joined the kimkins.com website, it makes it easier. I really hope I keep losing the way Kimmer did.

No comments: