Monday, November 20, 2006

In the 240's!

Yesterday I got down to 249! I'm very happy. I went back up to 250.4 today, but no worries. I know that's totally normal, and going up and down is fine as long as the overall trend is down, which it definitely is.

It's a little bit harder now. I still have a lot of hunger control, but I HAVE to remember to eat. It's hard because there's no convenience foods on this diet. I really need to set time aside to make up a bunch of on-plan meals and freeze them in portioned containers. THEN it will be easy. If I let myself get too hungry, I do start having temptations. But I know it would NOT be worth it to cheat. I've lost too much already to have a set-back now!

My next goal, as you can see by my tracker at the bottom, is to get down to 230 by New Year's Eve...although I'd really love 225 by Christmas Eve ;-) . But I'm trying to be practical. 226 was the lowest I got on Atkins two years ago, so that will be a "magic number" for me.

For some reason, I've had hot chocolate on my mind. I guess it's the season. I keep seeing people carrying around hot coffee. I don't drink coffee, so it reminds me of hot chocolate. Maybe I can come up with a low carb solution. The replacement for milk is the tough part. All recipes either call for milk or powdered milk. Hmmmm....

6 comments:

My name is Michelle. said...

I'm so *proud* of you!

I don't know if it will help or not, because I don't know the kimkins diet yet (I still promise to look as *soon* as I get a few minutes) but you can always make hot chocolate with cream and water, or even half & half and water (+ splenda and cocoa). I know that's more an Atkins thing...ohhh or what about that carb countdown skim milk? It's the grossest color in the world (like blueish?) but it's not bad tasting *at* *all*.

I just think it's important to have some of the things you want. Afterall, this is a lifestyle change. Not a diet. If there is something I *really* want, I try to find a way. And I usually can.

: D

My name is Michelle. said...

I saw your cocoa recipe! Very smart! You're doing it! Keep up the good work.

Mommaroo2 said...

Thanks! :-)

I can't find the Atkins milk anymore. It seems to have disappeared from local stores since last I did low carb. But it might not work, anyway. Don't remember the carbs in it, but I'm counting all carbs now, not just net. But if I ever find it here, I'll check it out.

I don't know if it's just this area, or if there's a dearth of low carb products every where nowadays. *sigh* Frustrating.

Yeah, my cocoa recipe is pretty good, but I may have to give it up for a while. Check out my latest post over on my extrapounds blog for the recipe changes. I decided the cream wasn't worth the calories.

My name is Michelle. said...

I don't have a carton right now, but I'm pretty sure the skim is 3 carbs per cup with no fiber. But I could be wrong. I'll update when I can.

Also, howcome you don't want to order the stuff online if you don't mind my asking? I order *tons* from Netrition.com and love, love, love them. They charge a flat rate shipping (4.95 I think, no matter how much your order) so I try to get a big order up before I do it...and order heavy stuff! LOL

My name is Michelle. said...

Oh, and I meant to add...the Hood Carb Countdown skim milk is NOT very creamy if that is what you're looking for...just fyi.

Mommaroo2 said...

Michelle,

I'm just not big on ordering stuff online unless I have to. Don't like my credit card number floating around out there, even if it is maxed out, lol.

I've had the carb countdown milk before. It wasn't too bad. No, definitely not creamy. It's sad, I had just started buying raw milk straight from the farm before this diet and got REALLY spoiled by the delicious, creamy, slightly sweet flavor. :-( But that's okay, once I'm skinny I will partake of some raw milk once in a while!